Boy Scout Animal Science Merit Badge
Boy Scouts, it is time to earn your Animal Science merit badge!
Since August of 2015, we’ve had the wonderful opportunity to offer the Animal Science Merit Badge.
- Meet farm and ranch animal breeds of cattle, sheep, hogs, poultry, and goats.
- Learn about common diseases found in animals.
- Discover the nutrition requirements and digestive system of various livestock.
- Forget Steam’s Goat Simulator; obtain hand-on access to goats with additional specific Information.
- Find out about career opportunities in livestock care.
“Cattle, horses, sheep, goats, hogs, poultry, and other domesticated animals are important to people for many reasons. They supply us with food and clothing. We use them for recreational purposes. They work with and for us.”
– BSA Animal Science Pamphlet
Here’s how it works
- 1 ½ – 2 hour long slide presentation in a classroom setting by GHR at your location.
- 2 ½ hour long tour at GHR where boy scouts see and apply what they learned during the presentation. This is our standard tour adjusted slightly to correlate with this badge.
The price is $8.00 per scout.
Call us at 1-844-Visit-GHR and schedule a time for your troop to earn their Animal Science Merit Badge!!